Saturday, November 18, 2006

Bacon Wrapped Cheese Stuffed Chicken

The Griffins usually have a kitchen full of groceries that allow endless possiblites when it comes to fixing meals. As of late, we haven't had the time or money to purchase anything. Sad, I know. So tonight I decided to go through the last of the remaining "stuff" in our cupboards and came up with this. Bacon Wrapped Cheese Stuffed Chicken. Totally delicious, but so bad for you. The sauce is so rich it should almost be illegal to consume! I'm sure if I used low-fat, low-sodium ingredients it wouldn't be so bad. But like I said, I can only use what I had.

INGREDIENTS


* 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
* 4 slices bacon (it's best to cook this a bit before assembling)
* 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
* 1 teaspoon garlic pwder
* 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
* 1/2 cup sour cream plus 1/8 cup
* 1/8 cup shredded cheese of your choice
* 1/2 cup milk (I didn't have milk so I used half&half)
* 1 teaspoon lemon juice
* 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1 pinch salt

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Pound the chicken breasts until flat. Mix the 1/8 cup sour cream and 1/8 cup cheese in a bowl. Add a pinch of the garlic powder and mix. Spoon this mixture onto the middle of each breast and roll up. Wrap each rolled breast with 1 slice of bacon and secure with toothpicks. Place in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
3. In a medium bowl, combine condensed soup, sour cream, milk, lemon juice, garlic powder, pepper and salt. Mix until smooth, then pour over chicken.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour, or until no longer pink and juices run clear.
5. Enjoy alone, or with egg noodles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home