Sunday, March 19, 2006

World's Ugliest Cupcake


dark chocolate black bottom cupcakes with caramel frosting.


I know this cupcake doesn't look all that appealing, but it's so unbelievably tasty you don't even know.

I used a dark chocolate cake mix as the base. I mixed cream cheese, powdered sugar, and caramel & chocolate swirl chips together. I don't know the measurements since I just mixed to taste.

Fill the cupcake tins about 3/4 full. Drop about a teaspoon of the 'black bottom' cream cheese mix on top of each cupcake. Bake for about 20 minutes (ovens will vary, so keep an eye on them). When the tops are dry and the cake springs back, they are done.

Let them cool completely and then frost with caramel frosting. These cupcakes are seriously sweet already, so I didn't want to use all that much frosting. But of course, you can use as little or as much as you like.

Enjoy!

2 Comments:

Blogger soapboxhero said...

I am soooooooo hungry for cupcakes now!

Have you seen the Cupcake Challenge on The Food Network? I'd been trying to get it from On Demand all day yesterday but it wasn't available or some crap.

I am so making cupcakes this coming weekend!

7:11 AM  
Blogger Honey Bunny said...

i think i HAVE seen it! but i'll check to see if i can get it on demand and watch it again. because i love cupcakes!!

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home