Thursday, May 18, 2006

Double Lemon Poppy Seed Cheesecake Muffins


I thought I'd try out this recipe today. I cut it in half since I wasn't sure if I'd like them or not. I didn't want 12 muffins laying around if they were icky.

Ingredients (for a half batch):

1/4 block of cream cheese at room temp.

1/8 cup sugar

1 teaspoon of lemon zest

1 package (7 oz) lemon poppy seed muffin mix. I used the "just add milk" kind.

1/2 milk

Directions:

Mix together cream cheese, sugar, and lemon zest until creamy and fluffy. I just used a fork instead of hauling out the electric mixer for such a small amount. In a separate bowl, mix together muffin batter as directed on package. Fill muffin cups 1/3 full with muffin batter and then spoon about 1 tsp of the cream cheese mix on top of batter. Place in a 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes or until brown on top.


These muffins are seriously delicious! The cream cheese mixture tastes heavenly, and almost like you're eating lemon cheesecake. I will definitely be making these again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home